Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Enlighten Me!


I haven't posted as much as I would like. We've just been so busy lately that there simply hasn't been time. One of my goals with home schooling this year was to provide more enrichment in my children's education. I hoped to accomplish this with hands on activities both in and out of our home.


One of our recent field trips was to the Alafia Rendevous. The participants dress in period costumes and spend the week trading, selling, and enjoying activities related to the daily life of an early frontier family. I added a picture of the Indian camp here. There are only a couple of days that are open to the general public. It was great fun to learn more about this interesting time of our country's history. What a great opportunity for hands on learning! My children are hoping to actually participate next year in costume. We'll see... :)


So what fun enrichment activities have you been up to lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment