Monday, November 28, 2011

Just a glimpse...

I did some "spring cleaning" during the Thanksgiving break. It was the works- scrubbing base boards, re-organizing closets, dusting in every nook and cranny, etc. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I hate to dust. I would actually prefer to scrub every bathroom in the house than to dust even one item. I suppose that's why I have to come up with little things to entertain myself while dusting. Thankfully, I have a vivid imagination, so while vacuuming the soffits in my kitchen, I found myself wondering where all this dirt came from. Dirt isn't new. Like water, we just keep using it over and over. However, it occurred to me that, unlike water, we do get dirt when living organisms break down after...you know... death. Hmmm. Now, that's an interesting thought. There was enough dust up there to belong to a hippo or possibly a megalodon! In the end I decided that it might have been a long, lost conquistador, so I'm thinking of dumping that bucket of dust into an envelope and mailing him back to Spain.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is your glimpse for the day into the workings of my brain. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment