Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In the Moment

A couple of years ago, the phrase "in the moment" had become my mantra. We had recently gone through the deaths of several family members within a rather short period of time. It made me so much more aware of how precious life really is. But, time heals all things, and eventually I found myself slipping back into the fast lane of life. There were school projects, marketing projects and lesson plans for my business, and where did all this dirty laundry come from!

This year has really brought me full circle. Being a first-time home school mom, I have slowed down with all the other "stuff" and had to really focused on what my children are thinking and doing. I have been amazed, iritated, laughed till I'm breathless, broken, and so much more, but I am so thankful that I have been able to experience each and every one of these moments with my beautiful children! It has drawn us closer and given us more compassion than ever before. Do you have any favorite moments you've shared with your child lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment