Tuesday, January 26, 2010

confessions

Today, I feel like a failure.

It's okay though. I know I'm not alone. Home schooling gifted children can be so hard. Sometimes I wish that "gifted" meant highly intelligent as well as highly cooperative. You know, the kind of student that every teacher loves to have. Unfortunately, the typical gifted child is highly intelligent and therefore usually thinks they know best. This can result in some highly uncooperative moments. Today there were plenty, but these days come and go. Tomorrow will be better, and I know that I'm going to be so proud of my "beautiful gems" once we polish all the rough spots out.

I am writing a series on gifted children on my other blog, More than a children's music class. Mosey on over and check it out, if you'd like to join the conversation. Oh! and thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment